ijanderson1

ijanderson1

100 Bible Verses Everyone Should Know by Heart
Robert J. Morgan
The Plot Whisperer Workbook: Step-by-Step Exercises to Help You Create Compelling Stories
Alderson, Martha Alderson
The Art of the Short Story
R.S. Gwynn, Dana Gioia
The Book of American Negro Poetry
James Weldon Johnson
At Home with Books: How Booklovers Live with and Care for Their Libraries - Estelle Ellis, Caroline Seebohm, Christopher Simon Sykes At Home with Books: How Booklovers Live with and Care for Their Libraries

By: Estelle Ellis, Caroline Seebohm, and Christopher Simon Sykes

Published By: Carol Southern Books

At Home with Books: How Booklovers Live with and Care for Their Libraries

This is basically a coffee table book filled with great photography, featuring outstanding home libraries. Most of the libraries featured are of the rich and famous.

The book contains how-to chapters on organizing your library, collecting, design, bookbinding, etc. These chapters were written by Estelle Ellis and Caroline Seebohm. Additionally, many of the owners of the libraries featured are interviewed, by them.

The photography was done by Christopher Simon Sykes. Sykes did a fantastic job in showing the reader books, bookshelves, and libraries. These photographs provide many ideas which can be use to design ones own home library.

I would like to be able to transform my 14X14 library, into a more sophisticated design.

Currently, I try to keep a place where is can sit and read with comfort. No television or telephone, (but I do have a ½ bathroom). I have many books stored in my office, bedroom, and basement. I don’t have room to enlarge.

While the book is a little dated, I have increased my knowledge on home libraries and now know in which direction I want to go. I will keep the book on the coffee table for reference.