ijanderson1

ijanderson1

100 Bible Verses Everyone Should Know by Heart
Robert J. Morgan
The Plot Whisperer Workbook: Step-by-Step Exercises to Help You Create Compelling Stories
Alderson, Martha Alderson
The Art of the Short Story
R.S. Gwynn, Dana Gioia
The Book of American Negro Poetry
James Weldon Johnson
The Plot Whisperer: A Groundbreaking Approach to Story Structure That Any Writer Can Master - Martha Alderson The Plot Whisperer

Written By: Martha Alderson

Published By: Adams Media, Avon, Massachusetts, 2011

ISBN: 978-1-4405-2588-9

Alderson writes how she teaches using “The Universal Story,” the plot planner, and the scene tracker. An in-depth explanation of “The Universal Story” is covered in Chapter 2. Diagrams of the plot planner and scene tracker are included in the book.

Alderson covers how to get started and identifies barriers to writing fiction including procrastination, writing ability, discipline and structure, and failure to move forward. Also, the basics of plotting and developing of themes are explained.

Several chapters cover creating characters and settings. Finally, putting these basics into fruition which she calls “The Journey,” are discussed.

Each chapter has sections, “The Writer’s Way,” and “PLOT Whisper,” designed to highlight import tips on writing plots.

This is one of the best books on writing fiction that I have read. I think it provides many ideas that can be used to get past stumbling blocks in writing. I plan to use this book as a reference tool for future writing projects.